Monday, January 17, 2011

Behind my name

Hi my name is Tyler Hawke. On this blog post you will get to know what my first name stands for. Behind My Name Assignment: Tyler Hawke

Before this assignment I thought my name was just plain Tyler, because I thought a name was just a name. I didn't know names had meanings and reasons for it.

After searching on Behind My Name, I learned that my name means a tiler, which is a person who puts tiles on floors or on roofs.

Another interesting fact I learned was that the surname Tyler was borne by American president John Tyler in the late 1700's.

I think my name doesn't fit me because the meaning of it (tiler). I know nothing about tiles or anything, I have no idea why my parents would have given me this name.

If I could give myself a new name it would be, Lythwain, because it was a name that my adoptive dad would have named me when he adopted me, I have grown used to the name and now wish that I had the name, Lythwain.

This is the Hawkes family crest:

No comments: