Monday, December 20, 2010

Eric Walters Part 2: Story

Does It Matter?
BEEP beep, BEEP beep, BEEP beep!

 The irritating noise that makes me think of one thing...school.
 My name is Tyler and I am average hight age of 13 but every boy in my class is taller than me they think that they are average hight and that I'm just lieing. Every day ever since I got into grade 8, you could ask me what words you could say to make fun of someones height. Shorty, Short stuff,etc. But worst of all...Garden Gnome. When the bullies at school use this, it makes me go berserk. I'm not that short and being called something someone uses as decoration is just plain rude.
 I should probably get up I suggest to myself. I haul myself out of bed and make way for my clothes I put out for today-a white long-sleeve shirt and blue jeans- and start myself off slowly down the stairs. When I get in the kitchen, I grab a blue Chinese bowl and some Mini-Wheat's. So hungry I painfully think as my stomach aches. I make myself a big bowl of Mini-Wheat's, make a sandwich of peanut butter and jelly, and head for the couch. I turn the T.V on and it's on the Kids Help Phone commercial. I should try that sometime I think thoughtfully. "Uhhhh 7:30 already" I mutter.
 I shut the door to my house and lock it. I head to the nearest bus stop that the 146 stops at. After a few minutes I hear the screeching noise of the bus. I get on and sit down a little ways from some bullies from class. I can hear them muttering insults and making plans of what they should do to the shortest boy of the class. I have set myself a goal from today for the rest of my life: if you're being bullied then ask yourself if the insults or devious thing people do to you, Does it really matter? If it does then go get help so that you aren't alone against these people that know nothing about you. If it doesn't then just ignore it and stay as far away from them as possible. So if I might ask: Does it really matter?

3 comments:

Haneen said...

Good job Tyler. I liked how you have the courage to be that open! Can't wait to hear your story. Hope you're having a great holiday!

-Haneen

Hannah said...

I really liked your story. And I agree with you completely when you say, does it really matter? Take care :)

iksha said...

tyler i love ur story its so touching n u r right its very bad to bully isn't it, i hate the person who bullies to other as if like they don't have any feelings 4 other, frenship doesn't matter with height isn't it????