Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Where Children Eat and Sleep

Hi readers this is Tyler here and I am going to be talking about an assignment we got about all the different places that kids call "home' and how they differ from each other. I hope you enjoy this blog post. For more information please check out my teachers blog for details: Where Children Eat and Sleep

In the Namgay family of Shingkhey Village, they manly get mushrooms, cheese and pork, they spend 224.93 ngultrum but in Canadian dollars that's only $5.03. This shocked me, and got me thinking, maybe if I went to live there I would be rich. I could make a difference in this developing country and that really got me going. In there they get their food and they sleep, eat, poo, pee, and work, they don't even have a computer or a book to read, it made me feel bad, it made me think, if I have all of this so easily and take it for granted, then why aren't we trying to make a difference in places like Namgay?

When I was watching the Where Children Sleep slidshow, I felt sympathy for all of them, but one of them shocked me so much I wouldn't shut up about it, and that is because I read about "Anonymos" this kid doesn't have a name, that's horrible! To not be able to called by something that symbolizes who you are, is apalling. If I saw that family I would give them as much money as I could, it's so bad that we let things like this happen in the world, are we really that greedy? Can't you spare $10, so that they can get food at least, or give them enough money to buy a tent or some kind of shelter? Show the poor that we are not all greedy people and we are aware, and helping people, that are there for you when you need us.

No comments: